Strengths
So far I think that as an ensemble we have done a good job of memorising the dances. Most of us are on time with the music and I feel that we have done a good job at learning all the little movements to be synchronised with each other. We also have high levels of energy throughout the majority of the songs, with most of us keeping the same energy levels throughout the entirety of the songs, with only a few moments where it dips.
Personally, I feel that I was very effective at keeping a high level of energy through my performance with only a few moments where I could see a dip in energy from myself. I also feel that I did quite well with my facial expressions during some of the numbers, keeping it consistent throughout all of the takes that we did. I also believe that I was successful in remembering all the changes that had been made to the dance only moments before they were filmed. With some dances having completely different movements during certain parts that I was able to execute with quite a high level of accuracy and quality despite the short time frame.
Weaknesses
I feel that as an ensemble we really have to work on our characterisation. Although I feel that we are executing the dances correctly as a majority, to me the dances are flat as we have barely any stage presence as a result of our lack of character. I think this could be easily remedied by making use of facial expressions however I do understand that this can difficult as we are all trying to concentrate on executing the dance moves to a high standard.
I also think that we need to improve on our ensemble singing as a whole. In particular our volume and our harmonies require a great deal of improvement. There are moments within the recordings in which I can barely hear the ensemble and only the queens at the front during moments in which we should all be singing. As an ensemble, we out number them three times over, I think that we should be able to project much more than we currently are but for some reason we are not. As a result of this, we cannot hear the harmonies that are supposed to coincide with the music. These harmonies sound incredible when we have sung them in the past however, I think that because people are focusing on the dance so much it is causing the singing and in turn the harmonies to really suffer; bringing the quality of the performance down.
There are a few moments within certain songs in which I forget movements in specific places which is easily remedied just by going over the sections of these songs more and perform the movements alongside that. I also think that my facial expressions require a great deal of improvement, as a result of my focus primarily being on my dancing it has caused my facial expressions to falter; however as I am becoming more confident with the dancing and movements as a whole I can now focus more on building my character which involves my facial expressions.
Comments
Post a Comment